- Student An undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a degree program.
- Non-Commercial Research staff and employees within research institutes, government organisations or universities. (Previously named ‘Academic', ‘Government' or ‘Student & Academic')
- Commercial Employees of a ‘for-profit' organization.
- Personal: Great for people working individually! Licensed to an individual by name. It may be activated three times (work & home computers & laptops) but can only run on one machine at one time (Previously named Single User License).
- Floating: This multiple user license allows you to install Geneious on as many computers as you like on the same network. Simultaneous access limited to the number of seats purchased. Ideal for environments that share computer resources (Previously named Concurrent Licenses)