NGS Analysis and Genomics
- De novo assembly or reference mapping of Illumina, PacBio, or Ion Torrent reads (any length, paired ends, barcodes), using industry leading algorithms, including TopHat and Velvet.
- Comprehensive analysis of data, including genome browser, contig visualization, SNP calling, and RNA-Seq expression analysis.
Sequence and Chromatogram Analysis
- Trim, assemble, and view Sanger sequencing trace files; correct base calls; and create consensus sequences. Automatic annotation for gene prediction, motifs, translation, and variant calling.
- Genotype microsatellite traces with automated ladder fitting and peak calling and generate tables of alleles.
Alignment and Tree Building
- Perform pairwise and multiple alignments of DNA or protein using trusted algorithms, including MAFFT and ClustalW. View and edit alignments with real-time translation and highlighting.
- Build phylogenetic trees using peer-reviewed algorithms, including RAxML and PAUP*, and adjust display settings for publication-ready graphics.
- View plasmid maps, automatically annotate vectors, and copy-paste sequences with annotations. Find restriction sites; digest, ligate, and perform Golden Gate, Gibson, and Gateway cloning.
- Design primers, find CRISPR sites, and optimize codons. Track history and parent descendant lineage throughout cloning processes.
Searching, Sharing and Automation
- Batch BLAST against NCBI and directly search GenBank. Centralize and collaborate on data with seamlessly integrated shared repositories. Import and export most industry standard file formats.
- Setup automated workflows to increase efficiency, control business processes, and reduce human error in your research.
What’s New in Geneious Prime 2019
- New features include custom codon usage tables, rapid manual primer design, powerful primer annotation display, easy extraction of PCR and restriction digest products, and drag and drop export.
- Discover all of the brand-new features, improvements, and enhancements in Geneious Prime 2019.
“Geneious cannot be overestimated! A (work) life without Geneious is no longer possible – it feels dark, cold and hostile…”
Jean-Charles Paterna, Viral Vector Facility (VVF) of the Neuroscience Center Zurich (ZNZ)