Geneious Prime connects you to external scientific databases
- Broad Institute
- InterPro Scan
- PlasmoDB and PiroplasmaDB
Submit sequences directly to GenBank
Geneious Prime features a GenBank Submission plugin that simplifies the process of submitting sequences, genomes, features, primers traces and more.
BLAST sequences locally or against NCBI
- BLAST search against sequences stored in various online databases at NCBI with results returned directly into Geneious Prime
- Set up a local database with all your sequence data and BLAST it locally with our custom multi-threaded BLAST implementation
- Batch BLAST an arbitrarily large data set against a local database and bin on the basis of ‘hit’ vs ‘no hit’ to keep only those sequences that you want
Intuitively search your own database
- Search downloaded content by any metadata field or use the dynamic filter box to fine-tune your search results to rapidly find the documents you’re after
- Search for sequences based on any of the available meta-data fields including Accession ID, organism name and taxonomy
- Create boolean searches to enhance the specificity of your searches
Find the journals in PubMed specific to your research
- Search PubMed by author, title or abstract content and have the references saved directly into a local folder
- Automate hourly, daily, weekly or monthly searches for any data type. Have the results delivered to a local folder.
BLAST Searching – Learn how to BLAST your sequence against GenBank, NCBI or custom databases to find similar sequences.
GenBank Submission – Learn how to correctly format sequences and alignments for submission to GenBank using the Geneious GenBank Submission tool.
Accessing GenBank – Learn how to access information stored in the GenBank database through the Geneious interface.
Plant Molecular Evolution – Annotate plant DNA sequences using BLAST and multiple alignment, then learn how to read a phylogenetic tree to explore genetic distance.
More Geneious Prime Features
Assembly and Mapping – De novo assembly or reference mapping using industry leading algorithms, including TopHat and Velvet.
NGS Visualization and Analysis – Comprehensive analysis of data, including genome browser, contig visualization, SNP calling, and RNA-Seq expression analysis.
Alignment – Perform pairwise and multiple alignments of DNA or protein using trusted algorithms, including MAFFT and ClustalW.
Molecular Cloning – View plasmid maps, automatically annotate vectors, find restriction sites; digest, ligate, and perform Golden Gate, Gibson, and Gateway cloning.
Import Data – Import and export most industry standard file formats.
I have found Geneious to be one of the most intuitive and powerful sequence analysis programs that I have used in all my years working in the molecular biology field. Thanks for making my life so much easier.
Geneious is an absolutely beautiful package to work with. We love it and we are telling everyone about it.
This program is wonderful! I was desperately looking for a software program that would make analyzing my sequencing data less painful. Thank you for developing a quality, user-friendly program. The interface is great!
Geneious is paramount in my research so I can’t be without it for too long.
The combination of powerful analytic features, intuitive navigation and file organization, and the responsiveness that representatives have shown to the inclusion of new functions has made us big fans of this software.
Geneious is a great software… I just want to express my appreciation to Biomatters to come up with such good product.
For many years I’ve wanted a friendly, menu-driven interface to our Glimmer program, but my research group has never had the resources available to build one. The Geneious Glimmer interface is terrific; it will allow any scientist to find genes in almost any bacterial, viral, or archaeal sequence, without requiring background expertise in Unix command-line programs. I’m also very pleased that Geneious makes Glimmer available across multiple computer platforms, including Windows and Mac.
We’ve been using our Geneious licenses a lot and really like the software. We’ve written several plug-ins ourselves and are using it more and more to analyze our data.
It’s not just about the buttons. From a user’s perspective, Phobos generates annotations, and Geneious handles annotations beautifully. The integration was obvious! And from a technical perspective it was easy to achieve, because it was simple to parse the outputs from Phobos into repeat annotations for the Geneious interface.
TopHat is a robust tool, but it was designed with experienced bioinformatics scientists in mind. Geneious makes TopHat accessible to many more users through the same powerful, intuitive user interface they have with other Geneious analysis tasks.