Awesome alignment visualization and editing
- Show annotations on the alignment and edit at the same time
- Drag to remove or insert gaps
- Join sequences together
- Strip columns
- Type directly into an alignment
- Correct bad calls
- Viewing and coloring by translation alongside allows you to correct coding sequences
- View phylogeny alongside the alignment and link back to a tree
- Similarity and sequence logo graphs
- Real-time updates to the statistics panel (real-time) update according to selection
- Spot disagreements easily with highlighting
Access a variety of alignments including ClustalW, MUSCLE and MAFFT from within one framework
Save time and stop jumping around from program to program. Select a specific task to perform without leaving Geneious. Built in alignments include:
- The Geneious Aligner
- Local Re-alignment
- Pairwise alignment
- Translation Align
- Consensus Align
- MAFFT- available as a plugin
- MAUVE- available as a plugin
- LastZ – available as plugin
Your data your way
No matter what alignment you choose, the data is still yours to edit and annotate in a way that works for you.
Better genome alignments are just a few clicks away.
Download a free trial and one of our tutorials to get to grips with the functionality of Geneious interactively.
Learn how to align bacterial genomes using the Mauve plugin for Geneious. This tutorial covers alignment of complete genomes and ordering of draft genomes against a reference.
Develop the skills needed to align pairs of DNA and protein sequences with Geneious using dotplots and alignment algorithms.
Geneious is paramount in my research so I can’t be without it for too long.
The combination of powerful analytic features, intuitive navigation and file organization, and the responsiveness that representatives have shown to the inclusion of new functions has made us big fans of this software.
Geneious is a great software… I just want to express my appreciation to Biomatters to come up with such good product.