Phylogenetic tree analysis software
Align sequences, build, and analyze phylogenetic trees using your choice of algorithm.
Phylogenetic tree building and analyzing without juggling files
Simply select any alignment in Geneious Prime and your choice of algorithm to generate your phylogenetic tree with simple one click methods.
Your choice of phylogenetic tree building algorithms
- Neighbor Joining – Use the fast and simple neighbor-joining methodology to build yourself a guide tree for large numbers of taxa in seconds
- UPGMA – Simple and fast hierarchical clustering method for phylogenetic reconstruction
- MrBayes – For Bayesian estimation of phylogenies, Geneious incorporates the MrBayes plugin which can be run on the local machine.
- PAUP* – Launch the PAUP* plugin from inside Geneious through our streamlined GUI interface to perform Maximum Parsimony, Maximum LIkelihood. You must own or purchase a copy of PAUP* to use this plugin
- PhyML – Harness the fastest implementation of maximum likelihood with the PhyML plugin
- GARLI- Genetic Algorithm for Rapid Likelihood Inference
- RAxML- Randomized Axelerated Maximum Likelihood
- FastTree – Approximately-maximum-likelihood phylogenetic trees from alignments of nucleotide or protein sequences
Export your phylogenetic artwork and publish it
Manipulate the display settings to customize branch labels, node labels, end labels, tree shape, tree scale or color the clades to get your tree looking exactly the way you’d need it to. Once your tree is built save it to a high quality vector format like svg, pdf or eps for publication or print it so you can stick it on the wall.
LEARN GENEIOUS PRIME
EXPLORE GENEIOUS PRIME
One of the absolute core advantages of Geneious is its seamless integration of industry standard phylogenetic software like MrBayes and PAUP*. Not only are they integrated, Geneious also adds a graphical interface that makes them very user friendly.
I really like your program. I first got it to make alignment and trees of my sequences and it works well for those purposes. But it was a real lifesaver a few weeks ago when I lost my academic license to Vector NTI and couldn’t access any of my plasmids!! But I noticed I could import my database into Geneious and I was back in business.