Awesome sequence alignment visualization and editing
- Show annotations on the alignment and edit at the same time
- Drag to remove or insert gaps
- Join sequences together
- Strip columns
- Type directly into an alignment
- Correct bad calls
- Viewing and coloring by translation alongside allows you to correct coding sequences
- View phylogeny alongside the alignment and link back to a tree
- Similarity and sequence logo graphs
- Real-time updates to the statistics panel (real-time) update according to selection
- Spot disagreements easily with highlighting
Access a variety of DNA alignments including Clustal Omega, MUSCLE and MAFFT from within one software program
Save time and stop jumping around from program to program. Select a specific task to perform without leaving Geneious. Built in alignments include:
- The Geneious Aligner
- Clustal Omega
- Local Re-alignment
- Pairwise alignment
- Translation Align
- Consensus Align
- MAFFT- available as a plugin
- MAUVE- available as a plugin
- LastZ – available as plugin
Your data your way
No matter what alignment you choose, the data is still yours to edit and annotate in a way that works for you.
Better genome alignments are just a few clicks away.
Introduction to Multiple Alignments
Aligning Bacterial Genomes with Mauve
Pairwise Alignment – Develop the skills needed to align pairs of DNA and protein sequences with Geneious using dotplots and alignment algorithms.
Aligning Bacterial Genomes with Mauve – Learn how to align bacterial genomes using the Mauve plugin for Geneious. This tutorial covers alignment of complete genomes and ordering of draft genomes against a reference.
More Geneious Prime Features
Assembly and Mapping – De novo assembly or reference mapping using industry leading algorithms, including TopHat and Velvet.
NGS Visualization and Analysis – Comprehensive analysis of data, including genome browser, contig visualization, SNP calling, and RNA-Seq expression analysis.
Phylogenetic Trees – Build phylogenetic trees using peer-reviewed algorithms, including RAxML and PAUP*
Molecular Cloning – View plasmid maps, automatically annotate vectors, find restriction sites; digest, ligate, and perform Golden Gate, Gibson, and Gateway cloning.
BLAST / NCBI – Connect to NCBI and PubMed, submit sequences directly to GenBank, BLAST sequences and search your own database.
Import Data – Import and convert common file types as well as their annotations and notes with a simple drag and drop
Geneious is a great software… I just want to express my appreciation to Biomatters to come up with such good product.