Discovery is easy with automatic annotations
Automatically annotate a new genome based on existing patterns and annotations in public or local databases including annotating ORFs as hypothetical genes based on these patterns and queries against NCBI.
- Annotate sequences with ORFs or predict genes with Glimmer
- Search for motifs by copying and pasting sequences
- Similarity based annotations (large database of sequences)
- Transfer annotations using an alignment
- Detect tandem repeats with Phobos
Powerful SNP detection and variant calling
Navigate reads in a beautiful browser. Easily identify, examine and resolve disagreements manually in the sequence viewer or quickly annotate variations on larger contigs. This feature can be configured to
- Screen read errors by finding disagreements above a minimum threshold.
- Find disagreements only in coding regions
- Identify the effect of variations on protein translations, including those where only the first and third positions in a codon vary
- Calculate the probability of a SNP being correct
- Eliminate SNPs with a high strand bias
- Export your variants to csv
- Search and annotate short structural variations such short tandem repeats (STRs) and insertion and deletion events (InDels)
Real-time sequence prediction
In a few clicks you can find so much about your sequences including;
- DNA translation – Translate and complement alongside your nucleotide sequences. Translate in any frame or all 6 frames at once or just translate the annotation or selection that you’re interested in.
- Consensus Sequence – Predict consensus sequences according to your choice of identity schemes including “consensus by quality” on chromatogram data which chooses the best base call automatically
- DNA sequences – Predict identity, read coverage, numerous statistics on base frequencies, residue frequencies, CpG islands and more
- Protein sequences – Predict molecular weight, isoelectric point, hydrophobicity, transmembrane regions, coiled coil regions, amino acid charge and more
Automatic Annotation in Geneious
Download a free trial and one of our tutorials to get to grips with the functionality of Geneious interactively.
I have found Geneious to be one of the most intuitive and powerful sequence analysis programs that I have used in all my years working in the molecular biology field. Thanks for making my life so much easier.
This program is wonderful! I was desperately looking for a software program that would make analyzing my sequencing data less painful. Thank you for developing a quality, user-friendly program. The interface is great!
What was impressive and powerful was that Geneious went from an unknown sequence to a known 3D protein structure quickly and intuitively in a single application.