Simplified submission of sequences, genomes, features, primers and traces.
Requires Geneious 6.1+
The Genbank Submission Plugin allows you to upload your sequences directly to Genbank from within Geneious, retaining the annotations and features that will appear on the Genbank record.
Install the plugin by downloading the gplugin file and dragging it in to Geneious or use the plugin manager in Geneious (under Tools - Plugins in the menu).
Once installed, run the plugin by selecting your sequences for submission and choosing Tools - Submit to Genbank from the menu. Click on the help buttons inside the options for further assistance.
1.6.5 (20 September 2016)
- Now correctly allows non-mitochondrial genetic location when genetic code is set to "Candidate Division SR1 and Gracilibacteria Code" (translation table 25)
- Updated for the NCBI's transition to HTTPS (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/news/06-10-2016-ncbi-https)
1.6.4 (9 June 2016)
- Fixed bug causing submission to set molecule type to be "Genomic DNA" when choosing "Genomic RNA", "Ribosomal RNA" or " Transfer RNA"
- GenBank submission now attempts to replace non-ascii character with equivalent ascii characters before submission
- Will now submit existing LIMS sequences from reference assemblies generated by the Biocode LIMS plugin instead of generating new consensus sequences
- Now correctly warns that alignments built from sequence lists are unsupported
- Now warns if trying to submit a contig with too many reads
- Remove "Split into separate sequences around '?' calls" consensus option to prevent crashes that occured when using it
- Improved help button in GenBank Submission options for mac.
1.6.1 (4 September 2015)
- Added preview of Genbank flat file and traces table
- Added ability to automatically add CDS feature based on document fields
- Added ability to specify consortium in publisher details
- "None" is now allowed for specimen voucher
- Fixed a problem where primer information was not being transmitted correctly in some cases
- Removed duplicated trace fields from submission
- Fixed a bug where the option for species code were displaying field codes rather than labels.
1.5.2 (20 May 2015)
- Updated tbl2asn
- Fixed a problem where field codes were being used instead of labels in structured comments options.
1.5.1 (13 March 2015)
- Added support for structured comments
- Added support for PCR and sequencing primers that are not the same
- Added the ability to specify collection date using a text field
- Added the ability to specify any text value for Species Code
- Added an option to add a gene feature to sequences that do not have a gene annotation
- Set the Barcode keyword for submissions with an experimental strategy of BARCODE
- Automatically generate trace fields such as trace file, format and direction
- Fixed a crash that occurs when a sequence has an interval that's completely outside of the sequence
- Fixed broken image links in help
1.4.0 (7 Aug 2014)
- Fixed issue where Genbank submission fails with misleading error message when required field is all whitespace
- Fixed a crash when using both primer and extra trace fields in a submission
- Updated tbl2asn on all platforms to version 23.2
- Now splits annotations that span the origin of a circular sequence
- Fixed failure when sequence in a contig doesn't have a reference to an original trace
- Fixed confusing behaviour of genetic code and genetic location fields
- Added Molecule Type option
- Updated field codes and requirements to be up to date with the current specification from NCBI
- Made it clearer which fields are required or non-applicable
- Fixed issues where traces went missing when submitting single sequences with a trace
- Numerous other UI and visual improvements
1.3.3 (6 Sep 2013)
- Updated tbl2asn