Geneious Prime connects you to external scientific databases
- Broad Institute
- InterPro Scan
- PlasmoDB and PiroplasmaDB
Submit sequences directly to GenBank
Geneious Prime features a GenBank Submission plugin that simplifies the process of submitting sequences, genomes, features, primers traces and more.
BLAST sequences locally or against NCBI
- BLAST search against sequences stored in various online databases at NCBI with results returned directly into Geneious Prime
- Set up a local database with all your sequence data and BLAST it locally with our custom multi-threaded BLAST implementation
- Batch BLAST an arbitrarily large data set against a local database and bin on the basis of ‘hit’ vs ‘no hit’ to keep only those sequences that you want
Intuitively search your own database
- Search downloaded content by any metadata field or use the dynamic filter box to fine-tune your search results to rapidly find the documents you’re after
- Search for sequences based on any of the available meta-data fields including Accession ID, organism name and taxonomy
- Create boolean searches to enhance the specificity of your searches
Find the journals in PubMed specific to your research
- Search PubMed by author, title or abstract content and have the references saved directly into a local folder
- Automate hourly, daily, weekly or monthly searches for any data type. Have the results delivered to a local folder.
BLAST Searching – Learn how to BLAST your sequence against GenBank, NCBI or custom databases to find similar sequences.
GenBank Submission – Learn how to correctly format sequences and alignments for submission to GenBank using the Geneious GenBank Submission tool.
Accessing GenBank – Learn how to access information stored in the GenBank database through the Geneious interface.
Plant Molecular Evolution – Annotate plant DNA sequences using BLAST and multiple alignment, then learn how to read a phylogenetic tree to explore genetic distance.
More Geneious Prime Features
Assembly and Mapping – De novo assembly or reference mapping using industry leading algorithms, including TopHat and Velvet.
NGS Visualization and Analysis – Comprehensive analysis of data, including genome browser, contig visualization, SNP calling, and RNA-Seq expression analysis.
Alignment – Perform pairwise and multiple alignments of DNA or protein using trusted algorithms, including MAFFT and ClustalW.
Molecular Cloning – View plasmid maps, automatically annotate vectors, find restriction sites; digest, ligate, and perform Golden Gate, Gibson, and Gateway cloning.
Import Data – Import and export most industry standard file formats.
I am using Geneious daily. For me the best feature is the ability of this software to easily archive bibliographic study and to keep it in front of my eyes.