Searching and BLAST
Rapidly search all key databases at NCBI for literature, DNA and protein sequence information or set up automated agents to do the searching for you.
Submit sequences directly to GenBank
Geneious Prime features a GenBank Submission plugin that simplifies the process of submitting sequences, genomes, features, primers traces and more.
BLAST sequences locally or against NCBI
- BLAST search against sequences stored in various online databases at NCBI with results returned directly into Geneious Prime
- Set up a local database with all your sequence data and BLAST it locally with our custom multi-threaded BLAST implementation
- Batch BLAST an arbitrarily large data set against a local database and bin on the basis of ‘hit’ vs ‘no hit’ to keep only those sequences that you want
Intuitively search your own database
- Search downloaded content by any metadata field or use the dynamic filter box to fine-tune your search results to rapidly find the documents you’re after
- Search for sequences based on any of the available meta-data fields including Accession ID, organism name and taxonomy
- Create boolean searches to enhance the specificity of your searches
Find the journals in PubMed specific to your research
- Search PubMed by author, title or abstract content and have the references saved directly into a local folder
- Automate hourly, daily, weekly or monthly searches for any data type. Have the results delivered to a local folder.
LEARN GENEIOUS PRIME
EXPLORE GENEIOUS PRIME
I am using Geneious daily. For me the best feature is the ability of this software to easily archive bibliographic study and to keep it in front of my eyes.